Harrys wine and liquor market.
Flora Springs Chardonnay 2013

Flora Springs Chardonnay 750ml 2013    
Sku: 23442

In 1977, Jerry and Flora Komes stumbled across a dilapidated wine estate in the heart of Napa Valley and saw its potential. More than 30 years later, the third generation of this family, the Komes and the Garveys, is poised to continue a legacy of wine excellence. Together the families own 650 acres of prime Napa Valley vineyard land in Carneros, Oakville, Rutherford, St. Helena and Pope Valley. In recent years, they've made a concerted effort to produce wines using sustainable environmental principles. To that end, close to 40% of the estate's vineyards or in other words, nearly all of the grapes that make Flora Spring red wines are certified organic. Further, all red wine is produced using solar power generated from the 6,500 square feet of panels that the family installed at Komes Ranch on Zinfandel Lane. Each year, the family culls 20% of the finest fruit from that vintage and sells the remaining 80% to neighboring Napa Valley wineries. Inside the stone walls of the century old winery are stainless steel and concrete fermentors specifically sized to match each vineyard block. Below the winery, is the family's 1,000 linear foot cellar. Carved into the hillside, it naturally provides the ideal, energy efficient environment to age wines. Paul Steinauer, the winemaker has worked for the family for 20+ years.

Tasting notes
The fruit is forward and marries beautifully with the new French oak barriques, which imparts a wonderful vanilla flavor to the wine. It has wonderful balance and length of flavors, including apple and peach, with the creamy aftertones of oak. a wine with superb direction and character.

Review
The Wine Enthusiast had this to say about the 2000 Flora Springs Barrel Fermented Chardonnay Reserve: "Flora Springs leaped to the top with this wine back in the 1980ís, and itís still one of Napaís best, at a decent price. Itís super-lush, just packed with apple, peach and tangerine fruit and an overlay of smoky oak. The lush, creamy mouthfeel is highlighted by nice, crisp, acidity.Ē 92 points

Technical notes
Vineyard Location Crossroads Appellation Carneros Oakville St. Helena Varietal Content 100% Chardonnay Barrel Aging 7 months Release Date Fall 2002

Country: United States
Region: California
Sub-Region: Napa County
Appellation: Napa Valley
Grape Varietal: Chardonnay
Type: Still wine
 
Reg. $17.99
  Buy Flora Springs Chardonnay
Case Price $194.00
  Buy a case of Flora Springs Chardonnay
Home | Wine | Spirits | Beer | Blog | About Us | Contact Us

Privacy Policy | Legal Notice

Copyright ©2016 Harry's Wine & Liquor Market | Powered by Beverage Media Group